• B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Sydney, 2007.
• Ph.D., University of New South Wales, 2011.
• June 2011 – February 2012. Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA.
• March 2012 – December 2016. Postdoctoral Fellow, Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
• January 2017 – Present. Research Fellow, Clem Jones Centre for Ageing Dementia Research, Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
• Summer Research Scholarship, Children's Medical Research Institute, 2005.
• University of Sydney Postgraduate Award, 2007.
• OzBio Student Bursary Award, Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), 2010.
• Paper of the Month Award (Widagdo et al., PLoS One, 2012), School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, 2012.
• The Ian Potter Foundation Travel Award, 2013.
• The Lorne Genome Travel Grant, 2013.
• Australian Research Council (ARC) DECRA Fellowship, 2017.
• Department of Anatomy/Physiology/Pharmacology, University of New South Wales, October 2010.
• Student and Postdoc Association Meeting, Queensland Brain Institute, June 2014.
• Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, October 2016.
Professional Activities / Services
• Ad hoc reviewer: Journal of Neurochemistry and Neural Plasticity.
• Honours thesis examiner for the School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland (since 2013).
• Society for Neuroscience
• International Society of Neurochemistry
• Palmer SJ, Santucci N, Widagdo J, Botempo SJ, Taylor KM, Tay ES, Hook J, Lemckert F, Gunning PW, Hardeman EC (2010) Negative autoregulation of GTF2IRD1 in Williams-Beuren syndrome via a novel DNA binding mechanism. J. Biol. Chem. 285, 4715-4724. [Link]
• Widagdo J, Taylor KM, Gunning PW, Hardeman EC, Palmer SJ (2012) SUMOylation of GTF2IRD1 regulates protein partner interactions and ubiquitin-mediated degradation. PLoS One 7, e49283. [Link]
• Palmer SJ, Taylor KM, Santucci N, Widagdo J, Chan YK, Yeo JL, Adams M, Gunning PW, Hardeman EC (2012) GTF2IRD2 from Williams-Beuren critical region encodes a mobile-element-derived fusion protein that antagonizes the action of its related family members. J. Cell Sci. 125, 5040-5050. [Link]
• Anggono V, Koç-Schmitz Y, Widagdo J, Kormann J, Quan A, Chen CM, Robinson PJ, Choi SY, Linden DJ, Plomann M, Huganir RL (2013) PICK1 interacts with PACSIN to regulate AMPA receptor internalization and cerebellar long-term depression. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110, 13976-13981. [Link]
• Li X, Wei W, Zhao QY, Widagdo J, Baker-Andresen D, Flavell CR, D'Alessio A, Zhang Y, Bredy TW (2014) Neocortical Tet3-mediated accumulation of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine promotes rapid behavioural adaptation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 111, 7120-17125. Recommended by Faculty of 1000. [Link]
• Widagdo J, Chai YJ, Ridder MC, Chau YQ, Johnson RC, Sah P, Huganir RL, Anggono V (2015) Activity-dependent ubiquitination of GluA1 and GluA2 regulates AMPA receptor intracellular trafficking and degradation. Cell Rep. 10, 783-795. Recommended by Faculty of 1000. [Link]
• Spadaro PA, Flavell CR, Widagdo J, Ratnu VS, Troup M, Ragan C, Mattick JS, Bredy TW (2015) Long non-coding RNA-directed epigenetic regulation of gene expression is associated with anxiety-like behaviour in mice. Biol. Psychiatry 78, 848-859. [Link]
• Widagdo J, Anggono V (2015) Ubiquitin signals the demise of AMPA receptors. Oncotarget. 6, 15718-15719. (Editorial) [Link]
• Carmona-Mora P, Widagdo J, Tomasetig F, Canales CP, Cha Y, Lee W, Alshawaf A, Dottori M, Hardeman EC, Palmer SJ (2015) The nuclear localization pattern and interaction partners of GTF2IRD1 demonstrate a role in chromatin regulation. Hum. Genet. 134, 1099-1115. [Link]
• Guntupalli S*, Widagdo J*, Anggono V (2016) Amyloid-β-induced dysregulation of AMPA receptor trafficking. Neural Plast. 2016, 3204519. *co-first author. [Link]
• Widagdo J*#, Zhao QY*, Kempen MJ, Tan MC, Ratnu VS, Wei W, Leighton L, Spadaro PA, Edson J, Anggono V, Bredy TW# (2016) Experience-dependent accumulation of N6-methyladenosine in the prefrontal cortex is associated with memory processes in mice. J. Neurosci. 36, 6771-6777. *co-first author. #co-corresponding author. [Link]
• Widagdo J*, Fang H*, Jang SE, Anggono V (2016) PACSIN1 regulates the dynamics of AMPA receptor trafficking. Sci. Rep. 6, 31070. *co-first author. [Link]
• Clairfeuille T, Mas C, Chan ASM, Yang Z, Tello-Lafoz M, Chandra M, Widagdo J, Kerr MC, Paul B, Merida I, Teasdale RD, Pavloz NJ, Anggono V, Collins BM (2016) A molecular code for endosomal recycing of phosphorylated cargos by the SNX27-retromer complex. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 23, 921-932. [Link]
• Guntupalli S, Jang SE, Zhu T, Huganir RL, Widagdo J, Anggono V (2017) GluA1 ubiquitination mediates amyloid-β-induced loss of surface AMPA receptors. J. Biol. Chem. In Press (accepted 4 April 2017). [Link]
• Tan MC*, Widagdo J*#, Chau YQ, Zhu T, Wong JJ, Cheung A, Anggono V# (2017) The activity-induced long non-coding RNA Meg3 modulates AMPA receptor surface expression in primary cortical neurons. Front. Cell. Neurosci. 11, 124. *co-first author. #co-corresponding author. [Link]
• Westmead Association Hospital Week Research Symposium, Sydney, 2006.
• Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR) New South Wales Research Day, Sydney, 2006.
• The 7th International Brain Research Organisation (IBRO) World Congress, Melbourne, 2007.
• Westmead Association Hospital Week Research Symposium, Sydney, 2007.
• The 29th Australasian Neuroscience Society (ANS) Annual Meeting, Canberra, 2009.
• Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Hong Kong, 2010.
• OzBio2010, Melbourne, 2010.
• The 4th Brain Plasticity Symposium, Brisbane, 2012.
• The 34th Lorne Genome Conference, Lorne, 2013.
• The 43rd Society for Neuroscience (SfN) Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2013.
• The 12th Molecular Cellular Cognition Society (MCCS) Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2013.
• The 44th SfN Annual Meeting, Washington DC, 2014.
• The International Society for Neurochemistry Satellite Meeting on "From Synapses to Circuits and Behaviour", Palm Cove, August 2015.
• The 25th Meeting of the International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN), Cairns, 2015.
• The Brisbane Cell and Developmental Biology Meeting, Brisbane, 2015 (selected talk).
• Mechanisms and Mysteries in Epigenetics Meeting, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, 2016 (selected talk).
• The 39th Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society, Yokohama, Japan, 2016 (selected talk).